Terms of Service
This agreement is between Can Com Internet Inc., to be referred to as Can Com for the remainder of this agreement, and the subscriber.
1. All our services are provided "as is" and "as available" without any warranties or conditions of any kind. We do not guarantee that our services will be uninterrupted and available at all times. Under no circumstances shall Can Com, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates be liable for any harm, damages, expenses, loss of profits or opportunities that are caused through the use or reliance on our services, regardless of cause.
2. Your account is intended to be used by the household or business who is registered to the account. It is not intended for resell or transfer to any other person or business.
3. We do not track sites you visit or monitor contents of your email messages, unless required by law. If we receive copyright notices from rights holders who are claiming infringement, we are required, by law, to forward such notices to end-users. However, we will not disclose customer personal information to a third party unless required to do so by a court of law.
4. Unlimited usage is provided under fair use basis, and Can Com reserves the right to terminate service it deems abuses our unlimited service. Fair use means the customer is to use the service in fair manner consistent with normal residential/small business/office use. Can Com reserves the right to suspend or terminate service immediately and without advance notice if, in the sole judgement of Can Com, the customer is in violation of this condition and abusing our unlimited service.
5. Can Com is a prepaid service. The first month service payment is due on sign-up and covers the period starting on the confirmed date of service activation to the day before the same date the following month.
Example: Your account is activated on the 9th. The payment you made when you signed up on the 2nd, applies from the 9th of this month to the 8th of next month.
6. Can Com rents the Cable Modem, VoIP ATA Unit and CipherTV Bars to subcribers on approved credit (OAC). On cancellation of services, it is the sole responsibility of the subscriber to return the rented units to Can Com within 15 days. Can Com will credit the subscribers account $12.00 when the equipment is returned to offset shipping charges. The subscriber will be billed for unreturned equipment as follows;
(1) Cable Modem with WiFi Router - 149.99
(2) Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.1 (for speeds 600mbps and up) (ea) - $199.99
(3) Cable modem / DSL Modem - $79.99
(4) VoIP ATA Unit - $69.99
(5) CipherTV Bar (ea) - $199.99
6a. All service applicants after February 1, 2017 agree that by using the Services and incurring charges for such use, you authorize Can Com
to obtain information about your credit history from credit reporting agencies and credit grantors from time to time.
All Can Com active subscribers consent to the disclosure of your payment history with Can Com to such entities at any time.
6b. Pertaining to subscriptions starting before February 01/2017. The 24-month Service Agreement (Titanium Option) is available to subscribers of personal Shaw Cable based High Speed Internet services and does not apply to phone services. Under the 24-month Service Agreement, customers receive the Platinum Membership at no cost, in exchange for a 24-month commitment to subscribe to Can Com Internet services. Early termination fees apply and will be calculated based on $20/remaining month, plus applicable taxes. Service Agreements are only available in British Columbia and Alberta.
6c. Activation Fee. Starting June 01/2019, a $49 activation fee is waived unless the subscription is cancelled within 30 days of account activation.
If a subscription is cancelled within 30 days of account activtion the activation fee will be applied.
The installation fee will be waived for customers that not have had an active account with Can Com in the last 6 months.
7. One free move is available to our customers every two years. Moves more frequent than the two year period are subject to a fee of $75.00. The free move programme is not cumulative.
7a. Suspension of Service, i.e. Seasonal Disconnect, a $10 per month of suspension Account Maintenance fee will be applied. A two(2) month minimum is applicable to all suspensions. Accounts can stay in suspension for as long as desired.
7b. A $10 service fee applies to all service level changes. A free service level change is available every six(6) month of active service. The free offer does not accrue.
8. Customer may terminate service for any reason at any time by notifying Can Com. Cancellation is effective on the date the disconnection request is processed by the incumbent network operator that Can Com relies on. A credit for any services prepaid past the cancellation date will be issued to the customer once rental equipment is returned. One-time membership fees are not refundable.
9. You may not use our service to do any of the following:
(1) Hack, attack or attempt to cause damage to any network;
(2) Knowingly transmit a virus, trojan or other harmful software program;
(3) Distribute unsolicited bulk email (spam);
(4) Distribute copyrighted material for which you are not authorized;
10. We reserve the right to suspend or discontinue the Service generally, or to disconnect your Service, at any time in our sole and absolute discretion. If we discontinue the Service generally, or disconnect your Service without a stated reason, you will only be responsible for charges accrued through the date of disconnection, including a pro-rated portion of the final Service Term charges. If your Service is disconnected on account of your breach of any provision of this Agreement, you will be responsible for all charges through the end of the current Service Term, including unbilled charges, plus the disconnection fee, if applicable, all of which will immediately be due and payable.
11. Without incurring any liability whatsoever, Can Com may suspend or terminate any or all of the Services for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, where Subscriber:
(1) Fails to pay an account that is past due, or provides payment by PAP or credit card which is not honoured by Subscriber's bank;
(2) Fails to provide or maintain a reasonable deposit or alternate security when requested to do so by Can Com;
(3) Fails to meet Can Com’s credit requirements, or Subscriber becomes bankrupt or otherwise insolvent;
(4) Uses or permits others to use the Services for a purpose or in a manner that is contrary to law; or for the purpose of making harassing, threatening, abusive, annoying or offensive calls;
(5) Charges or allows others to charge any other person for the use of the Services without Can Com’s prior written agreement;
(6) Harasses, threatens or otherwise acts unreasonably towards Can Com, its employees or agents, or in relation to the Services;
(7) Uses or permits others to use the Services for resell;
(8) Abuses the network with excessive usage as may be solely determined by Can Com
(9) Uses or permits others to use the service for commercial or business use.
12. We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions of this agreement or any service provided. Notices will be considered given and effective on the date posted on www.can-com.com. Your continued use of our services following such notice is your acceptance of such modifications. The Terms as and when posted supersedes all previous electronic and written terms of service.
Your use of our services constitutes your acceptance of this agreement.